Quality Assurance Engineer
About the Role
We are seeking a superb QA mobile tester who is adept at testing business-critical software.
This individual will be a highly motivated self-starter, who will take on and develop our manual and automated QA testing for our web, mobile apps and APIs.
This role will be pivotal within our business; it will underpin the work of all other members of our development team and it will be vital to the momentum of continuous mobile app development and feature releases.
This is a stellar opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference in their job and have a positive impact in the lives of thousands of people with the tools and software that they help to create.
What you'll work on
- Conduct automated and manual testing of mobile applications (iOS and Android), GUIs, APIs, and web services
- Perform testing around mobile usability, compatibility, interface, services, performance, operations, and installation
- Participate in agile practices: moving dev tickets through sprint boards and engaging in backlog refinement ceremonies
- Identify bugs, provide solutions, and manage bug-fixes
- Create prototype/ mock-ups of new features to demonstrate user experience
- Communicate testing updates and progress with the team
- Analyse user feedback and user activity, and make suggestions to enhance the user experience
- Work closely with product owners and engineering team members
- Analyse Google logs to identify best practices (funnels, retention, events, performance etc)
- Experience in Exploratory testing
- Minimum 3 years of QA mobile experience
- Adept at reading and interpreting Google crashlytics report logs
- Automation experience (Selenium, Cucumber)
- Fluent in English
Full-time, Permanent (3 months provisional period)
Why you should work with us
For the right candidate, we're offering a competitive remuneration package, a performance-based bonus, a fantastic opportunity for growth and longevity.
You will work closely with a creative, entrepreneurial leadership team who have experience building successful companies and you will enjoy a friendly positive working environment where we understand the benefits of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
HICH started with a simple observation: polling and market research is time-consuming, expensive, and outdated. So we set about creating our own global social platform that would make giving and getting opinions fast, free, and fun!
After securing substantial investment at the beginning of 2022, HICH has recently opened a brand new office in Istanbul’s Bahçeşehir. And while we are a British-owned and operated company, our goal is to tap into the wealth of talent that Turkey has to offer by employing some of its best and the brightest professionals.
HICH is on the verge of a major scale-up and in our opinion, now is the best time to join us as we build the new global home of polling and market research!