Quality Assurance Engineer
About the Role
We are seeking a superb QA mobile tester who is adept at testing business-critical software.
This individual will be a highly motivated self-starter, who will take on and develop our manual and automated QA testing for our web, mobile apps and APIs.
This role will be pivotal within our business; it will underpin the work of all other members of our development team and it will be vital to the momentum of continuous mobile app development and feature releases.
This is a stellar opportunity for someone who wants to make a real difference in their job and have a positive impact in the lives of thousands of people with the tools and software that they help to create.
What you'll work on
- Conduct automated and manual testing of mobile applications (iOS and Android), GUIs, APIs, and web services
- Perform testing around mobile usability, compatibility, interface, services, performance, operations, and installation
- Participate in agile practices: moving dev tickets through sprint boards and engaging in backlog refinement ceremonies
- Identify bugs, provide solutions, and manage bug-fixes
- Create prototype/ mock-ups of new features to demonstrate user experience
- Communicate testing updates and progress with the team
- Analyse user feedback and user activity, and make suggestions to enhance the user experience
- Work closely with product owners and engineering team members
- Analyse Google logs to identify best practices (funnels, retention, events, performance etc)
- Experience in Exploratory testing
- Minimum 3 years of QA mobile experience
- Adept at reading and interpreting Google crashlytics report logs
- Automation experience (Selenium, Cucumber)
- Fluent in English
Full-time, Permanent (3 months provisional period)
Why you should work with us
For the right candidate, we're offering a competitive remuneration package, a performance-based bonus, a fantastic opportunity for growth and longevity.
You will work closely with a creative, entrepreneurial leadership team who have experience building successful companies and you will enjoy a friendly positive working environment where we understand the benefits of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
HICH started with a simple observation: polling and market research is time-consuming, expensive, and outdated. So we set about creating our own global social platform that would make giving and getting opinions fast, free, and fun!
HICH is on the verge of a major scale-up and in our opinion, now is the best time to join us as we build the new global home of polling and market research!