About the Role
We are looking for an Android developer to build and support our mobile application. You will work alongside a small team of engineers and designers, with a direct line of communication to HICH's leadership team. You'll need to be innovative, collaborative, forward-thinking, and agile in the face of evolving requirements and priorities.
What you'll work on
Participate in all aspects of the Mobile Software Development lifecycle; supporting existing software development efforts and developing new software modules.
Develop, maintain, test, analyse performance, troubleshoot, fix applications and code. Produce deliverables with clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code that adheres to defined coding standards and best practices.
Proactively identify issues and solutions that help improve software quality.
- 5+ years of hands-on Android development experience in an agile team
- Have published and supported one or more Android apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience in Kotlin and Java
- Ability to develop mobile applications with modern architecture patterns like MVVM, MVP, and general design considerations
- Working with Git version control system, including branching and merging strategies
- Experience in using CI/CD tools like Gitlab CI/CD, Jenkins, Firebase App Distribution
- Experience in RxJava/Android, Kotlin Coroutines and dependency injection framework Dagger/Hilt, and popular third-party libraries such as OkHttp
- Strong knowledge of RESTful web services and handling JSON data
- Knowledge of Android Architectural Components, Lifecycles, LiveData
Full-time, Permanent (3 months provisional period)
Why you should work with us
For the right candidate, we're offering a competitive remuneration package, a performance-based bonus, a fantastic opportunity for growth and longevity.
You will work closely with a creative, entrepreneurial leadership team who have experience building successful companies and you will enjoy a friendly positive working environment where we understand the benefits of maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
HICH started with a simple observation: polling and market research is time-consuming, expensive, and outdated. So we set about creating our own global social platform that would make giving and getting opinions fast, free, and fun!
HICH is on the verge of a major scale-up and in our opinion, now is the best time to join us as we build the new global home of polling and market research!